Friday, July 23, 2010

a moment later

"OH MY GOD!" Anna just stared at Emily with the puppy. "What have you done!"They were back at the look-out station now in the forest.

"What?" Jeremy didn't get it. Anna just looked back at Jeremy then the puppy. She wasn't sure what to say. It frightened her that Emily had taken such control of the situation. Of course, she had summoned her.

"Don't be scared." Emily told her. "I'll change him back."

Anna sighed then. She rubbed Tyler's puppy face. His wet nose nuzzled her hand.

"I didn't know-"

"I had too." Emily nodded. "I'll get him home. Promise."

Anna nodded.

"Did she-" Jeremy looked stunned.

"She's a witch." Anna shrugged. "She knows what she's doing."

Jeremy stared at Emily as if now he was scared of her. As if she might turn them all into a pack of canines if she wished.

"We go way back." Emily almost laughed.

"Yeah, like family." Anna hoped as she crossed her arms.

"Look, I dunno if its wise for me to go home with you." Emily held on to Tyler who seemed pretty content.

"Where will you go?" Anna didn't want Emily to go away. She might need her, again.

"I'll think of something." She pursed her lips then. A second later, it was as if Emily nor the puppy had been there.

7 comments:

meg said...

there is that fear, wondering just how evil Emily might be.

lucy and sarah said...

I think I'd be frightened too. There is something ominious about Emily.

ellie said...

Emily is definitely in charge.

ori said...

can't wait for more.

Holly said...

i so love how this is turning out.

Ria said...

Emily is so epic! I love her! I can't wait to see how all this turns out, and where Emily goes. The Salvatores' place maybe? That could be interesting! Anyway, please add more soon!

Becky Tjandera said...

More more more !

Win a £25.00 ASOS.com voucher here!